FEAST OF DEDICATION
FESTIVAL OF LIGHTS
Chanukkah is celebrated on the 25th of Kislev. Why is this significant? Well, for starters the 25th word of Torah is ‘OR’ meaning ‘light’.
Notice that in Wayyiqra (Leviticus) 23 YHWH’s Moedim, His Feast Days which are Holy Convocations or dress rehearsals, are written for us and then in Wayyiqra 24:1,2 we are told “bring clear oil from hand-crushed olives for the menorah to burn continually.”
Also, on the 25th of Kislev, the Tabernacle in the desert was completed. These are a few references in Torah preparing us for recognizing the 25th of Kislev for celebrating the dedication of the Temple when it was made ready upon victorious recapture and the Menorah miraculously stayed lit for 8 days.
This day is called Chanukah, Feast of Dedication, Festival of Lights.
In the middle of the vision of the Lampstand (the Menorah) Zecharyah is told “Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit says YHWH of hosts.” -Zekaryah (Zechariah) 4:6
Messiah is ‘the light of the world’. -Yochanan (John) 9:5.
The Chanukkiah Menorah has nine branches. The SHAMMASH, servant candle representing Messiah the suffering servant, lights all the other candles. The other eight branches represent the eight days that the one undefiled jar of oil with the seal of the high priest miraculously lasted in the Temple Menorah when the Maccabee brothers (Hasmoneans) led by Judah Maccabee victoriously overthrew those who had desecrated the altar with swine sacrifice. Judea was no longer under Seleucids-Syrian rulership and the Temple no longer profaned by Antiochus IV Epiphanes. Maccabee is either from the word ‘makevet’ meaning hammer or from the acronym ‘Mi kamocha be’elim YHWH’ meaning ‘Who is like You among the gods YHWH?’ -Shemoth (Exodus) 15:11. -Daniyel (Daniel) 8:1-12 tells of a goat from the west, Alexander the Great, with a horn between the eyes which broke into four pieces from which arose a little horn, Antiochus, who greatly magnified itself and cast down some of the stars, the righteous, took away the sacrifices and defiled the sanctuary in Jerusalem.
Chanukkah is very significant and important for us as believers to celebrate as we look back upon the events that led to it and realize that in the future is the coming of the Anti-Messiah who plans to set up one world government appearing to be a savior, but ends up betraying YHWH’s people as happened when Alexander helped YHWH’s people but then later Antiochus also of the Greek empire and looked upon as a savior yet then wickedly betrayed them. It is important that we understand biblical history and prophecy and world events, so that we can understand the times and seasons we are in. With this in mind, let’s recall the four blood moons on the Pesachs (Passovers) and Succoths (Tabernacles) and the solar eclipses set to happen on the 9th of Av’s in the Gregorian calender years 2014 & 2015 and the Biblical Calender years 5774, 5775, 5776. Also, Mercury (Messenger) is the brightest 'star'on Purim and Mars (War) is the brightest 'star' on Pesach in 2014. Our heavenly Father will do nothing unless He lets us know first and He is letting us know that we need to watch and be ready for in this season. Whenever these similar occurrences happen on His Feast Days historically then major events happened concerning the nation, not necessarily the state, of Israel each time. May we commit to studying His Word that endures for all generations. As this season of Chanukkah is so named Feast of Dedication may we dedicate ourselves to the study of His instruction, His Torah of Truth which is for our well-being and the well-being of all mankind.
The word picture formed by the Hebrew letters Chanukkah shows the Salvation Message.
Notice how the middle letter (Waw) stands higher than the rest of the letters in the Hebrew spelling of Chanukkah. So too does the Shammash branch, the Servant candle, stand higher than the other branches on the Menorah. The parallel is that the Letter Waw and the Shammash candle both represent Messiah. In the word Chanukkah the last letter is (Hey);it is a picture of a man beholding and means to behold, to reveal. The next letter (Kaf) is a picture of an open palm and means to allow. Next is the middle letter (Waw); the Waw is the picture of a nail and means add to, secure. The next letter (Nun) is the picture of man’s seed and means life, activity, son or heir. The first letter (Chet) is the picture of a fence or wall and means to divide or separate.
The Word Chanukkah is formed by these letters and the letters proclaim the meaning and give us a word picture:
Hey Kaf Waw Nun Chet
"BEHOLD THE OPEN PALM OF THE PIERCED ONE
WHO IS THE SEED WHO SEPARATES."
LIGHT IS BEING SEPARATED FROM DARKNESS!
(Word Picture revelation by Leslie Ann.)
May you think upon these things and have a blessed Chanukkah Season!
Menorah-The Lampstand-The Lamb of YHWH
“I see a solid gold lampstand with a bowl at the top and seven lamps on it, with seven channels to the lamps. Also there are two olive trees by it, one on the right of the bowl and the other on its left.” “ I asked the angel who talked with me, What are these, my master? He answered, Do you not know what these are? No, my master I replied." -Zecharyah 4:1-4 (Zecharyah didn't know either.)
Number One: The Menorah is the Father's.
“You are to make a lampstand out of pure, hammered gold. It is to be made of one piece: its base and shaft, its ornamental cups, and its calyxes and petals. Six branches are to extend from its sides, three branches of the lampstand from one side and three branches of the lampstand from the other side. There are to be three cups shaped like almond blossoms, each with a calyx and petals, on the first branch, and three cups shaped like almond blossoms, each with a calyx and petals, on the next branch. It is to be this way for the six branches that extend from the lampstand. There are to be four cups shaped like almond blossoms on the lampstand shaft along with its calyxes and petals. For the six branches that extend from the lampstand, a calyx must be under the first pair of branches from it, a calyx under the second pair of branches from it, and a calyx under the third pair of branches from it. Their calyxes and branches are to be of one piece. All of it is to be a single hammered piece of pure old. ‘Make seven lamps on it. Its lamps are to be set up so they illuminate the area in front of it." -Shemoth (Exodus) 25:31-37 “Command the Israelites to bring you pure oil from crushed olives for the light, in order to keep the lamp burning continually." -Wayyiqra (Leviticus) 24:2
Number Two: Yahshua Messiah is the Menorah and the Shammash candle, The Servant candle that lights the other candles.
"I am going to bring my servant, the Branch. See, the stone I have set in front of Joshua! There are seven eyes on that one stone, and I will engrave an inscription on it,’ says YHWH EL SHADDAI, ‘and I will remove the sin of this land in a single day." -Zecharyah 3:8,9 "since the seven eyes of YHWH that range throughout the earth will rejoice when they see the chosen capstone" -Zecharyah 4:10 "the lamp is the Lamb" -Hazon (Revelation) 21:23
Number Three: The Menorah is represented by us also!
"Then I asked the angel, “What are these two olive trees on the right and the left of the lampstand?” Again I asked him, “What are these two olive branches beside the two gold pipes that pour out golden oil?” He replied, “Do you not know what these are?” "No, my lord,” I said. So he said, “These are the two who are anointed to serve YHWH of all the earth.” -Zecharyah 4:11-14 Lift up your heads, O gates; and be lift up, everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in. -Tehillim (Psalm) 24:7 Oh Taste and See that YHWH is good, blessed is the man who trusts in HIM. -Tehillim 34:8 Who have tasted the goodness of the WORD of YHWH -Hebrew 6:5 Now that you have tasted that YHWH is good-Kepha 1 (1 Peter 2:3) How sweet are YOUR WORDS to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth. -Tehillim 119:103 Micaiah said, “Therefore, hear the word of YHWH. I saw YHWH sitting on His throne, & all the host of heaven standing by Him on His right & on His left. -Malekim 1 (Kings) 22:19 (Paul Turns to the Gentiles) The next Sabbath nearly the whole city assembled to hear the word of YHWH. –Ma’aseh (Acts) 13:44 “Your oils have a pleasing fragrance, Your name is like purified oil" -Shir Ha'shirim (Song of Solomon) 1:3 His shoots will sprout, And his beauty will be like the olive tree And his fragrance like the cedars of Lebanon. Hoshea (Hosea) 14:6 For we are a fragrance of Messiah to YHWH among those who are being saved - Qorin'tiyim 2 (2 Corinthians) 2:15
The vision that Zecharyah saw of the two olive trees on either side of the Menorah represents us both physically and spiritually.
When we are bowed in prayer with our hands lifted up on either side of our head, our arms represent the two olive trees and our fingers the leaves that are for the healing of the nations! Our hands are meant to serve others! Our ten fingers are how we serve Him and one another through following the Ten commandments which brings healing to the nations. Havon (Revelation 11:4) states that the two olive trees on either side of the 7 branched Temple Menorah are also candlesticks making the Chanukkia 9 branched Menorah -symbolic of Temple Rededication! This revelation is to show us how the Menorah represents the Father, the Son and us. We are experiencing the LATTER RAIN OF YHWH ELOHEYNU! Our head has seven orifices just as the Temple Menorah has seven holders. We have two eyes, two ears, two nostrils and one mouth. Each is a gate to allow the King of Glory to come in! We are to see, taste, hear and smell that YHWH is good and HIS WORD good.
Mountain represents 'a head - looking up'. Lift up your heads, O gates; and be lift up, everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in. -Tehillim (Psalm) 24:7 This verse gives the Salvation message as represented through the Menorah. On the mountain, representing the head, through the gates, representing the eyes, ears, nose and mouth may Messiah come in and shine the light of life. Notice that many givings of the Word in the Bible occurred on mountains. Two are when the law was given to Moses and when Yahshua gave the beattitudes. [Shemoth (Exodus) 3, Mattithyahu (Matthew) 5-7, 17]
As Yahshua encouraged us, "Let your light so shine, that men may see your good works and glorify your Father which is in heaven." -Mattithyahu (Matthew) 5:16 Therefore tell the people: This is what YHWH EL SHADDAI says: ‘Return to me,’ declares YHWH EL SHADDAI, ‘and I will return to you,’ says YHWH EL SHADDAI...“These are the horns that scattered Judah so that no one could raise their head..(They couldn't raise their head- they couldn't let their 'light shine' under the oppressor who illegalized study of Torah through the gates of the head-the eyes, ears, nostrils and mouth!) -Zechcaryah 1:3, 21 "Aaron is to tend it continually from evening until morning before YHWH outside the veil of the testimony in the tent of meeting. This is a permanent statute throughout your generations." -Wayyiqra 24:3
(In this study, the ancient Hebrew pronounciations are written. The candles are lit right after sundown, before darkness. On Shabbat, the Chanukkiah candles are lit before the Shabbat candles. At the end of Shabbat they are lit during Havdalah. The Chanukkiah is placed visible to the outside. The candles are lit so that the viewer from the outside sees them lit from right to left. Light the Shammash Servant candle first. Recite the blessings. Use the Shammash candle to light candles.)
Before lighting the candles: Offer up a prayer of thanks then listen to the words of Messiah & the Psalmist
Anokhi or haolam haholekh acharai lo yelekh bachosekh ki-lo or hachayyim. Then Yahshua spoke to them again: ‘I am the light of the world. Anyone who follows Me will never walk in the darkness but will have the light of life.’–Yochanan (John) 8:12
YHWH ori weyishi. Mimi ira? YHWH ma’oz-chayyai, mimi efchad? YHWH is my Light and my Salvation; whom shall I fear? YHWH is the stronghold, defence of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? -Tehillim (Psalm) 27:1
First Blessing - Lehadlik ner shel Chanukkah
Barukh atah, YHWH Eloheynu, Melek haolam, asher quiddeshanu b’mitzwotaw witziwanu lahidlikq ner shel Chanukkah. Blessed are You, YHWH Eloheynu, Sovereign of the universe, Who sanctifies us with Your Mitzvot & commanded us to kindle the light of Chanukkah.
Second Blessing- She-asah Nissim- The One Who Works Miracles:
Barukh atah YHWH Eloheynu, Melek haolam, she-asah nissim la’avoteinu bayamim hahem ba’zeman hazzeh. Blessed are You, YHWH Eloheynu, Sovereign of the universe, Who performed miracles for our forefathers on this day at that time.
First night only- recite Shehecheyanu –Who has kept us alive:
Barukh atah, YHWH Eloheynu, Melekh haolam, shehecheyanu weyiqemanu wehigianu lazeman hazzeh. Blessed are You, YHWH Eloheynu, Sovereign of the universe, Who has kept us alive, sustained us & brought us to this special time.
After the first candle is lit Haneirot Ha-llalu – These Lights:
Haneirot Ha-llalu anachnu madliqin al hanissim we’al hanifla’ot , we’al hateshu’ot, we’al hamilchamot, she’asita la’avoteinu bayamim hahem bazemen hazeh al yedei kohanekha haqedoshim. Wekhol sh’monat yemei Chanukkah haneirot hallalu kodesh hem. We’ein lanu reshut lihishtamesh bahem ela lir’otam bilvad kedei lehodot ulhallel lishmikha hagodla al nisekha we’al nifle’otecha we’al yeshuatekha. We kindle these lights to commemorate the miracles, wonders, & saving acts that you have performed for our forefathers, in those days at this time by Your Holy Priests. All throughout the 8 days of Chanukkah, these lights are holy & we are not permitted to make use of them but only to behold them in order to offer thanks & praise to Your Great Name for Your miracles & your wonders & Your salvation.
The Torah, Haftarah and Brit Chadashah readings during Channukah:
Kislev 25 - Chanukkah 1 Bemidbar (Numbers) 7:1-7 & 17
(if Shabbat also Zecharyah (Zechariah) 2:14-4:7)
2 Bemidbar 7:18-29
3 Bemidbar 7:24-35
4 Bemidbar 7:30-41
5 Bemidbar 7:36-47
6 Rosh Chodesh Bemidbar 28:1-17 & 7:54-59 and Rosh Chodesh Tevet reading
7 Bemidbar 7:48-59
8 Bemidbar 7:54-8:4
On all nights Yochanan (John) 9:1-7 & 10:22-29
Tehillim (Psalm) 115-118 The complete HALLEL, a song of praise, is recited each morning. The Al Hanisim, a prayer of thanks, is recited in the Shmone Esrei, Amidah, & in the Birkat Hamazon, after-meal prayer each day.
Readings for each night while lighting the Chanukkiah Menorah.
(Think upon and discuss meaning of readings.)
Night One: The 1st light described. Bereshit (Genesis) 1:3-4 “Elohim (Mighty God) said, ‘Let there be light’ and there was light and Elohim saw that the light was good and separated the light from the darkness.” Qorin’tiym 2 (2 Corinthians) 6:16-17 “For you are the temple of the living Elohim; as YHWH has said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their Elohim, and they shall be my people. Wherefore…be separate, says YHWH and do not touch what is unclean: and I will receive you.”
Night Two: YHWH is the source of light. Tehillim (Psalm) 27:1 “YHWH is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? YHWH is the strength, defense of my life; whom shall I be afraid?” Tehillim 18:28 “For YHWH lights my lamp, YHWH my Elohim illumines my darkness.”
Night Three: YHWH is our Light. Shemoth (Exodus) 13:31-32 “YHWH was going before them..as a pillar of fire by night to give them light.” Yeshayahu (Isaiah) 60:19 “YHWH will be unto you an everlasting light & your El your glory.”
Night Four: YHWH’s WORD is a Light. Tehillim 119:105, 130 “YHWH’s Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path…The unfolding of YHWH’s word gives light; it gives understanding unto the simple.” Mishley (Proverbs) 6:23 “For the commandment is a lamp and the law is light & reproofs of instruction are the way of life.”
Night Five: Yahshua HaMashiach is the Light of the World. Yochanan (John) 1:4-5 & 8:12 & 12:35-36 “In Him was life, and the life was the light of men, And the light shines in darkness & the darkness comprehended it not…Then spake Yahshua again unto them saying, I am the light of the world: he that follows me will not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life…be children of the light.” Luqas (Luke) 2:30-32 “My (Simeon) eyes have seen your salvation which you have prepared in the presence of all peoples, a light of revelation to the gentiles and the glory of your people Israel.” Qorin’tiyim 2 (2 Corinthians) 4:6 “For Elohim who said, “Light shall shine out of darkness” is the One who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of Elohim in the face of Messiah.”
Night Six: Believers are to be a light. Mattithyahu (Matthew) 5:14-16 Messiah says, “You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill that cannot be hidden… Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works & glorify your Father which is in heaven.” Luqas (Luke) 11:33 “No man when he has lit a candle puts it in a secret place neither under a bushel but on a candlestick that they which come in may see the light.” Pilippiyim (Phillippians) 2:15 “Do all things without murmurings & disputings: That you may be blameless & harmless, the songs of Elohim, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked & perverse nation, among whom you must shine as lights in the world; holding forth the word of life.”
Night Seven: Walk in the light. Eph’siyim (Ephesians) 5:8 “Now are you light in YHWH, walk as children of light: for the Fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth.” Tas’loniqim 1 (1 Thessalonians) 5:4-6 “But you brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. You are all the children of light, & the children of the day…let us watch & be sober.” Luqas (Luke) 11:34 “The light of the body is the eye; therefore when your eye is single, your whole body also is full of light; but when your eye is evil, your body also is full of darkness.” Kepha 1 (1 Peter) 2:9 “But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.” Eph’siyim (Ephesians) 5:11-15 “ Whatsoever does make manifest is light, wherefore He says, Awake you that sleep & arise from the dead & Messiah shall give you light. See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise.” Ma’aseh (Acts) 26:12-18 “I (Sha’ul, Paul) saw a light from heaven above the brightness of the sun shining round about me…I heard a voice speaking unto me…I am Yahshua…turn them from darkness to light.”
Night Eight: Future light. Yeshayahu (Isaiah) 60:1-3 “Arise & shine, for your light has come & the glory of YHWH has risen upon you…& nations will come to your light & kings to the brightness of your rising.” Hazon (Revelation) 21:22-27 “& I saw no temple in it, for YHWH Elohim, the Almighty, & the Lamb are it’s Temple. & the city has no need of the sun or the moon to shine upon it, for the glory of YHWH has illumined it and the Lamp is the Lamb. & the nations shall walk by it’s light and the kings of the earth shall bring their glory into it. & in the daytime (For there shall be no night there) it’s gates shall never be closed & they shall bring the glory and honor of the nations into it & nothing unclean & no one who practices abominations & lying shall ever come into it, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life.”
Game: Driedel In Antiochus time, study of Torah was ‘illegal’ so a ‘gambling’ game which was ‘legal’ was made to hide study. A dreidel has four Hebrew letters: Nun, Gimel, Hey and Shin which stand for the phrase: ‘Nes Gadol Hayah Sham’ - ‘A great miracle happened there!’ ( Shin Hey Gimel Nun) or in Yiddish: nit (nothing), gantz (all), halb (half) and shtell (put)
Spin the dreidel. On Nun nothing happens, -Gimel or gimme all, -Hey get half, -Shin put one in. When the pot is empty, everybody puts one in. Keep playing until one person has everything. Then redivide it.
Food: Fry Foods in ‘OIL’ to remember miracle. Latkes (Makes approximately 12 palm-sized latkes) 4 medium potatoes, 1 medium onion, 2 eggs, 1/2 c matzah meal (flour or bread crumbs can be substituted), 1 t baking powder, 1 t each salt and black pepper, vegetable oil. Shred potatoes and onion into a large bowl. Press out excess liquid. Add eggs and mix well. Add matzah meal gradually while mixing until the batter is doughy, not too dry. Add the baking powder, salt and pepper and mix well. Heat about 1/2 inch of oil to medium-high heat. Form the batter into thin patties about the size of your palm. Fry batter in oil. Be patient: too much flipping will burn the outside without cooking the inside. Flip when the bottom is golden brown. Place finished latkes on paper towels to drain. Eat hot with sour cream or applesauce. They reheat OK in a microwave, but not in an oven unless you cook them just right. You may vegetables to the batter to make veggie latkes!
Mashiach may be an acronym: ‘Madlikin Shemona Yimei Chanukkah’ –‘We light throughout the 8 days of Chanukkah’
Ma'oz Tzur (Rocky Fortress/Rock of Ages) Ma'oz tzur y'shuati, L'kha na-eh l'shabey-ach, Tikon beyt t'filati, W'sham todah n'zabey-ach, L'eyt tachin matbey-ach, Mitzar ha-m'nabey-ach, Az egmor b'shir mizmor, Chanukat ha-mizbey-ach, Az egmor b'shir mizmor, Chanukat ha-mizbey-ach. Rocky Fortress of my Salvation, It is delightful to praise You, Restore my House of Prayer, And there we will give thanks with an offering, When you have prepared the slaughter, for the blaspheming foe, Then I will complete with a song of hymn, the dedication of the altar, Then I will complete with a song of hymn, the dedication of the altar. Rock of Ages, let our song, Praise Your saving power, Your amidst the raging foes, Was our sheltering tower, Furious they assailed us, But Your arm availed us & Your word broke their sword, When our own strength failed us & Thy word broke their sword, When our own strength failed us.
Mi Y'maleil? (Who Can Retell?) Mi y'malel g'vurot Yisrael, Otan mi yimneh?, Hein b'khol dor yaqum hagibor, go-el ha-am. Mi yemalel g'vurot Yisrael, Otan mi yimneh? Hen b'khol dor yaqum hagibor, goel haam. Sh'ma! Ba-yamim hahem baz'man hazeh, Maccabee moshiya u'fodeh, U'w'yameynu qol am Yisrael, Yitached yaqum l'higa-el. Who can tell of the feats of Israel, Who can count them? In every age a hero arose to save the people. Who can tell of the feats of Israel, Who can count them? In every age a hero arose to save the people. Hear! In those days at this time, Maccabee saved & freed us, & in our days the whole people of Israel, Arise united to save ourselves. Who can retell the things that befell us, who can count them? In every age a hero or sage came to our aid, Who can retell the things that befell us, who can count them? In every age a hero or sage came to our aid, Hear! In days of yore in Israel's ancient land, Maccabeus led the faithful band, Now all Israel must as one arise, Redeem itself through deed and sacrifice.
Al Hanissim –For the Miracles [We thank You] For the miracles & the deliverance & the victories & the salvation & the battles that you did for our ancestors, in those days at this time. Al hanissim, w'al hapurkan, w'al hag'vurot w'al hat'tshuot w'al hamilchamot sh'asita lavoteinu bayamim hahem baz'man hazeh.
Birkat Hamazon –Bless the food after meals 1) Blessed are You, YHWH Eloheynu King of the universe, Who sustains the entire universe with Your goodness, grace & mercy. You provide for all & prepare the food for each of Your creations that You have created. Blessed are You YHWH, Who sustains all. Barukh Atah YHWH Eloheynu Melekh HaOlam, Hazan Et HaOlam Kulo B'Tuvo, B'Hen, B'Hesed, U'b'rahamim, U'm'parnes Lakol U'm'khin Mazon L'kol B'riyotaw Asher Bara. Barukh Atah YHWH Hazan Et HaKol. 2) We give thanks to You, YHWH Eloheynu, that You prepared for our fathers a vast, abundant & good land & that You have brought us forth out of Egypt & gave to us the covenant, Torah & all the food one could want. For all this, we give thanks to You. Blessed are You, YHWH, for the land & for the food. Nodeh L'kha YHWH Eloheynu Al Shehinhalta La'avoteynu Eretz Hemda Tova U'r'hava, W'al Shehotzeyanu Me'eretz Mitzraim, W'natata Lanu Brit W'torah, W'lechem Lisvoah, Al Hakol Anahnu Modim Lakh. Barukh Atah YHWH Al Ha'aretz W'al HaMazon. Rahem YHWH Eloheynu Al Yisrael Amakh, W'al Yerushalayim Irakh, W'al Ha'bayit Ha'gadol W'ha'qadosh Sh'nikrah Shimkha Alaw, U'malkhut Beyt David M'shi'hakh Tahazir Limqomah Bimhera B'yameynu. Barukh Atah YHWH Boneh Y’rushalayim 3) (Silently: Amen) YHWH Eloheynu have mercy upon Yisrael, Your people, upon Yerushalayim, Your city & upon that great & holy house that is called by Your Name. May You restore the kingdom of the house of David, Your Mashiah to its rightful place speedily & in our days. Blessed are You YHWH, who builds Yerushalayim. (silently: Amen) Barukh Atah YHWH Eloheynu Melekh HaOlam, Ha'el, Avinu, Malkeynu, Ha'melekh Ha'tov U'metiv Lakol. Hu hetiv lanu, hu metiv lanu. Hu g'malanu, hu gomleynu, hu yig'maleynu la'ahd hen, chesed, w'rahamim w'qol tov. Magdil yeshu'ot malko wa'oseh chesed li'mishiho, l'Dawid ul'zaro Ahd Olam. 4) Blessed are You YHWH Eloheynu King of the universe El our Father & our King. The King who is good & beneficent to all, He has & does provide for us all good. He has, does & always will reward us forever, with beauty, grace, mercy, & complete goodness. (You) raise the salvation of Your king, & show mercy to your anointed one, to David, & his descendents, now & forever more. Oseh Shalom Bimromaw Hu B'rahamaw Ya'aseh Shalom Aleynu, W'al Kol Yisrael, W'imru Amen May He who makes peace in the upper worlds, in His grace take peace upon us, & all Yisrael, & let us say Amen.
Shmone Esrei, The Amidah –The Eighteen (Blessings) ***(Yahshua’s prayer modeled The Amidah)***
*YHWH is the Shield of Abraham; The One who revives the dead; The Holy Elohim; The Gracious Giver of knowledge; The One Who delights in repentance; The One Who is merciful & always ready to forgive; The Redeemer of Israel; The Healer of Israel's sick; The One Who blesses the years; The One Who gathers Israel's dispersed; The King Who loves righteousness & justice; The One Who smashes enemies & humbles the arrogant; The Support & Stay of the righteous; The One Who rebuilds Jerusalem; The One Who causes salvation to flourish; The One Who hears prayer; The One Who restores the divine presence to Zion; The One Whose Name is Beneficent One & to Whom it is fitting to give thanks; The One Who blesses Israel w/ peace.*
1. Avot -The Fathers, The Elohim of history: Blessed are you, O YHWH Eloheynu & Elohim of our fathers, the Elohim of Abraham, the Elohim of Isaac & the Elohim of Jacob, the great, mighty & revered Elohim, the Most High Elohim who bestows lovingkindnesses, the creator of all things, who remembers the good deeds of the patriarchs & in love will bring a redeemer to their children's children for his name's sake. O king, helper, savior and shield. Blessed are you, O YHWH, the shield of Abraham. Barukh atah YHWH, (Bend knees on barukh bow on atah, straighten at YHWH.) Eloheynu, Weylohey avoteynu, Elohey Avraham, Elohey Yitzchak, Weylohey Ya’akov, Haeyl HaGadol HaGibor w'HaN-rah Eyl Eylyon, gomeyl chasadim tovim w'qoney haqol w'zocheyr chasdey avot u'meyvi goeyl livney w'neyhem l'maan sh'mo b'ahavah, Melekh o-zeyr u'moshia umageyn (Between Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur insert: Zawchreynu l'chaiyim, melekh chafeyts bachaiyim, w'chawtveynu b'seyfer hachaiyim, l'maancha Elohim chaiyim. Barukh atah YHWH . (Bend knees on barukh bow on atah, straighten at YHWH.) mageyn Avraham.
2. Gevurot -Mighty Deeds, The Elohim of nature: You, O YHWH, are mighty forever, You revive the dead, You have the power to save. (From the end of Sukkot until the eve of Passover, insert: You cause the wind to blow and the rain to fall.) You sustain the living with lovingkindness, You revive the dead with great mercy, You support the falling, heal the sick, set free the bound and keep faith with those who sleep in the dust. Who is like You, O Doer of mighty acts? Who resembles You, a King who puts to death and restores to life, and causes salvation to flourish? And You are certain to revive the dead. Blessed are You, O YHWH, who revives the dead. Atah gibur l'olam, YHWH m'chaiyei meytim ata rav l'hoshia, (Only between Sukkot & Pesach: mashiv haruach umorid hagashem) (At other times, Nusach Sfard congregations say: morid hatal) m'chalkeyl chayim b'chesed m'chayey meytim b'rachamir rabim somech nof'lim w'ro-fei cholim umatir asurim um'qaiyeym emunato lisheyney afar mi kamokha baal g'vurot umi dome lach melekh meymit um'chaiye umatzmiach y'shua, (Between Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur, insert: Mi kha-mo-cha, Av HaRachaman, zocheyr y'tsurav l'chaiyim b'rachamim.) w'neeman atah l'hachayot meytim Barukh atah YHWH, m'chayey hameytim.
3. Qedushot HaShem -The Holiness of the Name, Sanctification of YHWH: Reader) We will sanctify Your name in this world just as it is sanctified in the highest heavens, as it is written by Your prophet: "& they call out to one another and say: Cong.) 'Holy, holy, holy is YHWH of hosts; the whole earth is full of His glory.'" Yeshayahu 6:3 Reader)Those facing them praise YHWH saying: Cong.) "Blessed be the Presence of YHWH in his place." Yeheqel 3:12 Reader) & in Your Holy Words it is written, saying, Cong.) "YHWH reigns forever, you Elohim, O Zion, throughout all generations. Halleluyah." Tehillim146:10 Reader) Throughout all generations we will declare your greatness, & to all eternity we will proclaim Your holiness. Your praise, O Eloheynu, shall never depart from our mouth, for You are a great and holy El and King. Blessed are You, O YHWH, the holy El. You are holy & Your name is holy & holy beings praise You daily. (Selah.) Blessed are You, O YHWH, the holy El. Atah qadosh, w'shimkha qadosh, uq'doshim b'chawlyom y'hal'lukha selah. (Ki Eil melech gadol w'qadosh atah.) Barukh atah YHWH, haEyl haqadosh. (Between Rosh Hashanah & Yom Kippur, substitute: "haMelekh haQadosh.")
4. Da’at -Knowledge, Prayer for understanding: You favor men with knowledge, and teach mortals understanding. O favor us with the knowledge, the understanding and the insight that come from you. Blessed are you, O YHWH, the gracious giver of knowledge.Atah choneyn l'adam daat,umlameyd leenosh binah.Chaneynu meyit'cha Baruch atah YHWH, choneyn hadaat
5. Teshuva –Repentance: Bring us back, O our father, to Your Instruction; draw us near, O our King, to Your service; & cause us to return to You in perfect repentance. Blessed are You, O YHWH, who delights in repentance. Hashiveynu Avinu l'toratekha, w'qar'veynu Malkeynu laavodatekha,w'hachazireynu bitshuvah sh'leymah l'fanekha.Barukh atah YHWH, harotseh bitshuvah.
6. Selichah –Forgiveness: Forgive us, O our Father, for we have sinned; pardon us, O our King, for we have transgressed; for You pardon & forgive. Blessed are You, O YHWH, who is merciful & always ready to forgive. S'lach lanu Avinu ki chatanu,m'chal lanu Malkeynu ki fashanu, < ki mocheyl w'soleyakh ata. | ki Eyl tov w'salach ata. > Barukh atah YHWH, chanun hamarbeh lisloakh.
7. Ge’ulah –Redemption, deliverance from affliction: Look upon our affliction & plead our cause, & redeem us speedily for Your name's sake, for You are a mighty Redeemer. Blessed are You, O YHWH, the Redeemer of Israel. R'eyna w'anyeynu, w'riva riveynu, ugaleynu (g'ulah sh'leymah) m'heyrah l'maan sh'mekha, ki (Eyl) goeyl chazaq ata.Barukh atah YHWH,goeyl Yisrael.
8. Refuah –Healing: Heal us, O YHWH, & we will be healed; save us & we will be saved, for You are our praise. O grant a perfect healing to all our ailments, for You, almighty King, are a faithful & merciful healer. Blessed are You, O YHWH, the healer of the sick of His people Israel. R'faeynu YHWH w'neyrafey, hoshieynu w'niwasheya, ki t'hilateynu ata, w'haaley < r'fuah sh'leymah | arucha umarpey l'chawl tachalueynu ul'chawl machoveynu u- > l'chawl makoteynu, [At this point, interject personal petitions concerning individuals who are ill.] ki El melekh (ga-dol) rofey neeman w'rachaman ata. Barukh atah YHWH,rofey choley amo Yisrael.
9.Birkat Hashanim –Blessing of the years, deliverance from want: Bless this year for us, O YHWH Eloheynu, together with all the varieties of its produce, for our welfare. Bestow ([from the 15th of Nissan insert:] dew & rain for) a blessing upon the face of the earth. O satisfy us with your goodness & bless our year like the best of years. Blessed are you, O YHWH, who blesses the years. Bareykh aleynu YHWH Eloheynu et hashanah hazzot w'et qol miney t'wuatah, from the third night of Passover through the afternoon of December 4th (December 5th if the following February will be 29 days): w'teyn b'rakha from the evening of December 4th (or 5th) through erev Pesach: w'teyn tal umatar livrakha at all times, continue: al p'ney haadamah, w'sab'eynu < mituwekha | mituwah >, uvareich sh'natynu qashanim hatovot (liv-ra-kha), (From Passover through December 4th, some recite this instead: Bar'cheynu, YHWH Eloheynu,b'chawl maasey yadeynu,uvareych sh'nateynu b'tal'liey ratson b'racha undavah. Uthi acharitah chaiyim w'sova w'shalom, qashanim hatovot livrakha.(ki Eil tov umeytiv ata, umvareich hashanim.) Barukh atah YHWH, m'vareych hashanim.
10. Qibbutz Galuyot -Gathering of exiles: Sound the great shofar for our freedom, raise the ensign to gather our exiles & gather us from the four corners of the earth. Blessed are you, O YHWH, who gathers the dispersed of his people Israel. T'qa b'shofar gadol l'cheyruteynu, w'sa neys l'qa-beyts galuyoteynu, w'qab'tseynu yachad (m'hei-rah) meyarba qanfot haarets ( l'artseynu) . Barukh atah YHWH, m'qabeyts nidchey amo Yisrael.
11. Birkat HaDin –Blessing for justice, For the righteous reign of YHWH: Restore our judges as in former times & our counselors as at the beginning; & remove from us sorrow & sighing. Reign over us, You alone, O YHWH, with lovingkindness & compassion & clear us in judgment. Blessed are You, O YHWH, the King who loves righteousness & justice. Hashiva shof'tenu k'varishonah, w'yoatseynu k'vat'hilah, w'haseyr mimenu yagon vaanachah, umloch aleynu (m'heyrah) atah YHWH l'vad'cha b'chesed uvrachamim, w'tsad'qeynu < ba- | b'tsedeq uv- >mish-pat. Barukh atah YHWH,melekh ohev ts'daqah umishpat. (Between Rosh Hashanah & Yom Kippur, substitute: "haMelekh hamishpat.")
12. Birkat Haminim - the destruction of the enemies, and apostates of YHWH: Let there be no hope for slanderers, and let all wickedness perish in an instant. May all your enemies quickly be cut down, and may you soon in our day uproot, crush, cast down
and humble the dominion of arrogance. Blessed are you, O YHWH, who smashes enemies and humbles the arrogant. W'lamalshinim al t'hi tiqwa, w'chawl < harisha k'rega toveyd, | haminim k'rega yoveydu, > w'chawl < oy'vekha | oy'vey am'kha > m'herah yikaretu,w'hazedim m'herah t'aqer utshaber utmager < w'takhnia | utchalem 'tashpilem w'takhniem >
bimherah w'yamenu.Barakh atah YHWH, shover oy'vim umakhnia zedim.
13. Tsaddiqim –Righteous Ones, and the proselytes: May Your compassion be stirred, O YHWH Eloheynu, towards the righteous, the pious, the elders of Your people the house of Israel, the remnant of their scholars, towards proselytes, & towards us also. Grant a good reward to all who truly trust in Your name. Set our lot with them forever so that we may never be put to shame, for we have put our trust in You. Blessed are You, O YHWH, the support & stay of the righteous. Al hatsadiqim w'al hachasidim, w'al zikne (sh'erit) am'cha bet Yisrael, w'al p'letat (bet) sf'rehem, w'al gere hatsedeq w'alenu, yehemu na rachamekha YHWH Elohenu, w'ten sachar tov l'chawl habot'chim b'shimkha beemet, w'sim chelqenu imahem, ulolam lo nevosh ki w'cha batachnu, (w'al hasd'kha hagadol beemet nishan'nu.) Barukh atah YHWH, mishan umivtach latsadiqim.
14. Binyan Yerushalyim -Rebuilding of Y’rushalayim: Return in mercy to Jerusalem Your city & dwell in it as You have promised. Rebuild it soon in our day as an eternal structure & quickly set up in it the throne of David. Blessed are You, O YHWH, who rebuilds Jerusalem. W'lirushalaiyim ir'kha b'rachamim tashuv, w'tishkon b'tocha kaasher dibarta. uvnei otah b'qarov b'yamenu binyan olam, w'chise Dawid avd'cha m'herah l'tochah takhin. Barukh atah YHWH, bone Y'rushalaiyim
15. Malkhut Beit Dawid –David’s Kingdom, Messianic: Speedily cause the offspring of Your servant David to flourish & let him be exalted by Your saving power, for we wait all day long for Your salvation. Blessed are You, O YHWH, who causes salvation to flourish.Et tsemach Dawid avd'kha m'herah tatsmiach, w'karno tarum bishuatekha, ki lishuat'kha qivinu kawl hayom (um'tsapim lishuah). Barukh atah YHWH, matsmiach qeren y'shuah.
16. Kabbalat Tefillah -Acceptance of prayer: Hear our voice, O YHWH Eloheynu; spare us & have pity on us. Accept our prayer in mercy & with favor, for you are an El who hears prayers & supplications. O our King, do not turn us away from your presence empty-handed, for you hear the prayers of your people Israel with compassion. Blessed are you, O YHWH, who hears prayer. (Av harachamim,) sh'ma qolenu YHWH Elohenu, chus w'rachem alenu, w'qabel b'rachamim uvratson et t'filatenu,ki El shomea t'filot w'tachanunim ata.Umil'fanekha Malkenu reqam al t'shivenu.(Chanenu vaanenu ush'ma t'filatenu)(Many insert personal petitions for livelihood & for forgiveness here.) ki atah shomea t'filat (kawl peh) am'kha Yisrael b'rachamim. Barukh atah YHWH,shomea t'filah.
17. Avodah –Worship, For restoration of Temple Service: Be pleased, O YHWH Eloheynu, with Your people Israel & with their prayers. Restore the service to the inner sanctuary of your Temple & receive in love & with favor both the fire-offerings of Israel & their prayers. May the worship of your people Israel always be acceptable to you. & let our eyes behold your return in mercy to Zion. Blessed are You, O YHWH, who restores His divine presence to Zion. R'tse, YHWH Eloheynu, b'am'kha Yisrael <uwitfilatam. | w'liwt'fiwlawtam sh'e.> W'hashev ethaavodah lidvir betekha. W'ishe Yi-rael ut'filatam (m'hera)] b'ahava t'kabel b'ratson. Ut'hi l'ratson tamid avodat Yisrael amekha. A paragraph is inserted here on Rosh Chodesh & the intermediate days of Festivals. W'tchezena eyneynu b'shuv'kha, l'Tsion b'rachamim.Barukh atah YHWH, hamachazir sh'chinato l'Tsion.
18. Hoda’ah –Thanksgiving, for YHWH’s unfailing mercies: We give thanks to You that You are the YHWH Eloheynu & the El of our fathers forever & ever. Through every generation You have been the Rock of our lives, the Shield of our salvation. We will give & You thanks and declare Your praise for our lives that are committed into Your hands, for our souls that are entrusted to You, for Your miracles that are daily with us & for Your wonders & Your benefits that are with us at all times, evening, morning & noon. O beneficent One, Your mercies never fail; O merciful One, Your lovingkindnesses never cease. We have always put our hope in You.
For all these acts may Your name be blessed & exalted continually, O our King, forever & ever. Let every living thing give thanks to You and praise Your name in truth, O YHWH, our salvation & our help. (Selah.) Blessed are you, O YHWH, whose Name is the beneficent One & to whom it is fitting to give thanks. Bow at "Mo-dim". Arise at "YHWH". Modim anachnu lakh shaata hu YHWH Eloheynu weylohey avotenu l'olam waed.Tsur chayenu magen yishenu atah hu l'dor wador. Nodeh l'kha un'saper t'hilatekhaal chayenu ham'surim b'yadekha w'al nishmoteynu hap'kudot lach w'al nisecha sheb'chawlyom imanu w'al nifl'otecha w'tovotecha, sheb'chawlet, erev vavoker w'tsawharayim. Hatov ki lo chalu rachamekha w'ham'rakhem ki lo tamu chasadekha (ki ) meolam kivinu lach (An extra paragraph is inserted here on Chanukah and on Purim.) W'al kulam, yitbarach w'yitromam shimkha Malkenu, tamid l'olam waed. Between Rosh Hashanah & Yom Kippur, insert: Uchtov l'chayim tovim kawl b'nei w'ritecha.W'chol hachayim yoducha sela wihal'lu etshimkha beemet, (l'o-am ki tov) hael y'shuatenu w'ezratenu sela. (haEi hatov) Barukh atah YHWH, Bend knees on "barukh", bow on "atah". hatov shimcha ul'cha nae l'hodot.
19. Sim Shalom –Create Peace: Grant peace, welfare, blessing, grace, lovingkindness & mercy to us & to all Israel your people. Bless us, O our Father, one & all, with the light of Your countenance; for by the light of Your countenance you have given us, O YHWH Eloheynu, a Torah of life, lovingkindness & salvation, blessing, mercy, life and peace. May it please you to bless your people Israel at all times & in every hour with your peace. Blessed are you, O YHWH, who blesses His people Israel with peace. Sim shalom tova uvrakha, (chayim) chen wachesed w'rachamim, aleynu w'al kawl Yisrael amekha. Bar'khenu av-nu, kulanu k'echad, b'or panekha. ki v'or panecha natata lanu, YHWH Eloheynu, Torat chayim w'ahavat chesed, utsdaka uvrakha w'rachamim, w'chayim w'shalom.w'tov (yi-h'yeh) b'enekha (l'wa-r'chenu u) (l'warekh et am'cha Yisrael b'chawl et uvchawl shaah bishlomekha) b'rov oz w'shalom). Between Rosh Hashanah & Yom Kippur, insert: B'sefer chaitim b'rakha w'shalom, ufarnasah tovah, ugzerot tovot, w'shuot w'nechamot, n'zacheir w'nikatev l'fanekha, anachnu w'chawl am'kha beyt Yisrael, l'chaiyim tovim ulshalom.Barukh atah YHWH, ham'varekh et amo Yisrael bashalom.
ELOHAI N'TSOR (Meditation after the Amidah) Silent personal prayers/meditations
Menorah-The Lampstand-The Lamb of YHWH (The revelation of us being the Menorah. -By Leslie Ann)
A couple of years ago I saw some beautiful olive trees for sale at the Farmer's Market. I had bought some citrus trees and blueberry bushes from the same stand and planned to eventually buy some olive trees. The couple selling the plants gave me their card. When I went home I placed it on top of my Mahogany jewelry box next to the base of my silver Chanukkiah Menorah. Months had gone by and I didn't see the couple any longer at the Market. I called them. They said they had waited for me to call all these months. They reserved two olive trees for me. They said that just that week a man had asked for them. I drove out to their beautiful place in Mount Dora and bought the olive trees and had beautiful fellowship with them. At home I thought about the vision Zecharyah (Zechariah) had about the two olive trees on either side of the menorah. "Then the angel who talked with me returned and woke me up, like someone awakened from sleep. He asked me, “What do you see?” I answered, “I see a solid gold lampstand with a bowl at the top and seven lamps on it, with seven channels to the lamps. Also there are two olive trees by it, one on the right of the bowl and the other on its left.” I asked the angel who talked with me, “What are these, my master?” He answered, “Do you not know what these are?” “No, my master,” I replied." -Zecharyah 4:1-4 Zecharyah didn't know what they were either. This verse caused some of the first scales to come off from my eyes regarding what we have been used to calling as Jewish is rather actually the Father's. I was led to this verse years earlier, around 1999, when my beautiful daughter Sarah May at seven years old woke up from a dream and said she went to heaven in it. In heaven she saw a beautiful candlestick that had many lights on it. She said it was huge and that the middle light was suspended in the air on nothing, but that it had a bell cup under it. She said the Father pushed the bell cup and everyone bowed to pray. When she finished telling me the dream I asked her to draw the candleabra. I looked to see if what my little seven year old daughter saw in heaven was talked about in the Bible. Sure enough it is and in Zecharyah he had a vision of it between two olive trees. This is the point when I realized that what we had been told was Jewish is actually the Father's and that it is even in heaven. It is His symbol and it is in His Temple. How interesting that she saw the middle candle suspended in the air! The middle candle is called the Shammash candle, the Servant candle that lights all the other candles -that is Messiah! He is the light of life!
Number One: The Menorah is the Father's. “You are to make a lampstand out of pure, hammered gold. It is to be made of one piece: its base and shaft, its ornamental cups, and its calyxes and petals. Six branches are to extend from its sides, three branches of the lampstand from one side and three branches of the lampstand from the other side. There are to be three cups shaped like almond blossoms, each with a calyx and petals, on the first branch, and three cups shaped like almond blossoms, each with a calyx and petals, on the next branch. It is to be this way for the six branches that extend from the lampstand. There are to be four cups shaped like almond blossoms on the lampstand shaft along with its calyxes and petals. For the six branches that extend from the lampstand, a calyx must be under the first pair of branches from it, a calyx under the second pair of branches from it, and a calyx under the third pair of branches from it. Their calyxes and branches are to be of one piece. All of it is to be a single hammered piece of pure gold. “Make seven lamps on it. Its lamps are to be set up so they illuminate the area in front of it." -Shemoth (Exodus) 25:31-37 “Command the Israelites to bring you pure oil from crushed olives for the light, in order to keep the lamp burning continually." -Wayyriqra (Leviticus) 24:2 Number Two: Yahshua Messiah is the Shammash candle. "I am going to bring my servant, the Branch. See, the stone I have set in front of Joshua! There are seven eyes on that one stone, and I will engrave an inscription on it,’ says YHWH EL SHADDAI, ‘and I will remove the sin of this land in a single day." -Zecharyah 3:8,9 "since the seven eyes of YHWH that range throughout the earth will rejoice when they see the chosen capstone" -Zecharyah 4:10 "the lamp is the Lamb" -Hazon (Revelation) 21:23 Number Three: The Menorah is represented by us also! ! "Then I asked the angel, “What are these two olive trees on the right and the left of the lampstand?” Again I asked him, “What are these two olive branches beside the two gold pipes that pour out golden oil?” He replied, “Do you not know what these are?” "No, my lord,” I said. So he said, “These are the two who are anointed to serve YHWH of all the earth.” Zecharyah 4:11-14
The revelation of number three came to me while I was bowing in prayer with my hands lifted up to the Father. The vision that Zecharyah saw of the two olive trees on either side of the Menorah represents us both physically and spiritually. When we are bowed in prayer with our hands lifted up on either side of our head, our arms represent the two olive trees and our fingers the leaves that are for the healing of the nations! Our hands are meant to serve others! Our ten fingers are how we serve Him and one another through following the Ten commandments which brings healing to the nations. This revelation is to show us how the Menorah represents the Father, the Son and us. We are experiencing the LATTER RAIN OF YHWH ELOHEYNU! Our head has seven orifices just as the Temple Menorah has seven holders. We have two eyes, two ears, two nostrils and one mouth. Each is a gate to allow the King of Glory to come in! We are to see, taste, hear and smell that YHWH is good and HIS WORD good. Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in. -Tehillim (Psalm) 24:7 Oh Taste and See that YHWH is good, blessed is the man who trusts in HIM. -Tehillim 34:8 Who have tasted the goodness of the WORD of YHWH -Hebrew 6:5 Now that you have tasted that YHWH is good-Kepha 1 (1 Peter 2:3) How sweet are YOUR WORDS to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth. -Tehillim 119:103 Micaiah said, “Therefore, hear the word of YHWH. I saw YHWH sitting on His throne, and all the host of heaven standing by Him on His right and on His left. - Malekim 1 (1 Kings) 22:19 (Paul Turns to the Gentiles) The next Sabbath nearly the whole city assembled to hear the word of YHWH. –Ma’ashe (Acts) 13:44 “Your oils have a pleasing fragrance, Your name is like purified oil" -Shir Ha'shirim (Song of Solomon) 1:3 His shoots will sprout, And his beauty will be like the olive tree And his fragrance like the cedars of Lebanon. Hoshea (Hosea) 14:6 For we are a fragrance of Messiah to YHWH among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing - Qorin'tiyim 2 (2 Corinthians) 2:15 So the card that had the number for the olive trees that I had set next to the Menorah set me on a journey to Mt. Dora that led me eventually to see Zecharyah's vision as it relates to us! There is more! Mountain represents 'a head - looking up'. Lift up your heads, O ye gates; & be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; & the King of glory shall come in.-Tehillim 24:7
This verse gives the Salvation message as represented through the Menorah. On the mountain, representing the head, through the gates, representing the eyes, ears, nose and mouth, that Messiah may come in and shine the light of life. Notice that many givings of the Word in the Bible occured on mountains. Two are when the law was given to Moses and when Yahshua gave the beattitudes. [Shemoth (Exodus) 3, Mattithyahu (Matthew) 5-7, 17] Dora means 'gift' and it sounds like 'door'. Yahshua is the lamp- the Menorah and He is also a gift from the Father - He is the door for the sheep to the Father [Yochanan (John) 10:7]. The Holy Spirit led me to a Mount Dora to give me a revelation- a gift. HalleluYHWH!
As Yahshua encouraged us, "Let your light so shine, that men may see your good works and glorify your Father which is in heaven." -Mattithyahu 5:16 Therefore tell the people: This is what YHWH EL SHADDAI says: ‘Return to me,’ declares YHWH EL SHADDAI, ‘and I will return to you,’ says YHWH EL SHADDAI...“These are the horns that scattered Judah so that no one could raise their head..(They couldn't raise their head- they couldn't let their 'light shine' under the oppressor who illegalized study of Torah through the gates of the head-the eyes, ears,nostrils and mouth!) -Zechcaryah 1:3, 21 "Aaron is to tend it continually from evening until morning before YHWH outside the veil of the testimony in the tent of meeting. This is a permanent statute throughout your generations." -Wayyiqra 24:3 .
When my daughter Sarah May was 7 yrs old she had a dream of seeing the Lampstand in Heaven. This is what she drew.
While I was teaching a young woman drew this picture of the revelation I had of how we represent Zekaryah's vision in ch 4.
The following week she drew this Menorah representing us all together and looking as though tongues of fire are upon our heads as Ma'aseh (Acts) speaks of. Notice the other end looks as the burning bush Moses saw! And see how the flower petals resemble the tongues of fire-on the end of the branches are the FLOWERS which burned the OIL. BY MY SPIRIT SAYS YHWH OF HOSTS -Zekaryah 4!!
THE RESEMBLANCE IS AMAZING!
Our prayers are as incense before YHWH!
Chanukkah -the Feast of Rededication. The enemy has trampled on YHWH’s people for 2000 years through syncretism. This was the deception spoke of by Daniel and Zekaryah the prophet. Are we going to celebrate with YHWH by meeting with Him on days set by man or by His special Appointed Days that He made specifically to let us know His divine calendar of events for mankind? But, now there are those who are reading YHWH’s Word in which He made known His appointed days and ways from the beginning and they are REDEDICATING THEIR TEMPLES TO YHWH. Yahshua will return on Teruah and will rededicate His Temple cleansed, without spot or wrinkle or blemish clothed in His righteousness on Chanukkah. There are nine gifts/fruits of the spirit paralleled to the nine Chanukkiah candles. MESSIAH SAYS TO US: "YOU ARE THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid. . . LET YOUR LIGHT SO SHINE BEFORE MEN THAT THEY MAY SEE YOUR GOOD WORKS and glorify your Father which is in heaven. Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in now wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. . . For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven" Mattithyahu (Matthew) 5:14-16.
The significance of the upcoming season called Chanukkah is quite relevant to believers! The last book of the Bible, Hazon (Revelation) 21:23 says that "THE LAMB IS THE LAMP". May we be connected to the LAMP, THE LAMB, THE VINE as the branches bringing forth the fiery WORD that burns brightly by the oil of the Holy Spirit as is represented by the Lampstand, the Menorah. "the spirit of man is the candle of YHWH" Mishley (Proverbs) 20:27 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. Ya’akov (James) 1:17 When we are dedicated to YHWH then LIGHT shines forth! Yeshayahu (Isaiah) 30:26 described it, "sevenfold . . . the light of seven days." And may we walk with YHWH as Enoch "He walked with YHWH " Bereshit (Genesis) 5:24. Hebrews 11:5 says that it was "by faith" that "Enoch was translated that he should not see death . . . he pleased YHWH." Enoch means dedicated and it comes from the same root as chanukkah. Chanukkah means to make narrow, to separate or dedicate. The verb chanik means to discipline or instruct. Mishley 22:6: "Train up a child in the way he should go " In II Chronicles 7:9 the dedication of the altar in Solomon’s Temple, in Nehemiah’s day the dedication of the rebuilt wall around Jerusalem and the dedication of the temple of Zerubbabel all use the word Chanukkah. Dedication means to make a narrow way. Mattithyahu (Matthew 7:14) Enter ye in at the strait [narrow] gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leads to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat; because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
May we be the sweet fragrance of Messiah. Notice how the tongues of fire which represent the anointing of the Holy Spirit in the upper third picture resemble the fragrant flower pedals in the picture below which are full of fragrant oil as the oil of the Holy Spirit burns the WORD of YHWH as a consuming fire.
I'll ask this: Did you know there are picture symbols of Menorahs throughout the Bible??? For example beginning in the VERY FIRST VERSE OF BERESHIT (GENESIS) 1:1 there is a Temple Menorah!! The Hebrew transliteration of verse one goes:Bereshit (In the beginning) barah (created) Elohim (God) *EHT (ALEPH AND TAV) HasShamayim (the heavens) **w'aeht (and) ha'aretz (the earth). * EHT (ALEPH AND TAV) Messiah said in Hazon (Revelation) 1 that He is the Aleph And Tav- the beginning and the end. Notice that Aleph is the first letter of the hebraic alephbet meaning Strength, Leader; Tav is the last letter of the hebraic alephbet meaning Seal, Mark, Covenant! Now it doesn't stop there! Now when observing the hebrew letters in the word transliterated EHT- the middle letter is the **WAW!- The letter that is the picture of a nail and means to add to, secure! -The letter that represents Messiah who was pierced for our transgressions and nailed our sins to the stake and adds to and secures us to the Aleph- The ALMIGHTY YHWH by way of the Tav- the Covenant! Now get this because it doesn't stop there! Going back to the seven letters that make up the irst verse of the whole Bible. Notice that the Aleph And Tav word is the FOURTH/MIDDLE word. We have already seen that the fourth word represents Messiah! And now we see that the very position is the same as the position of the Shammash (Servant Candle) of the seven branched Temple Menorah! WITHIN THE VERY FIRST VERSE, THE FIRST LINE, THE FIRST SENTENCE OF THE BIBLE THE MENORAH IS PICTURED AND SHOWS US MESSIAH!!!! ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE! HALLELUYHWH!!!! Study to show yourself approved unto YHWH rightly dividing the Word of Truth. Search the scriptures and see that His ways are the best ways to live. He Who created us in His image loves us very much and gives us His very best! He put so much into the design of everything -FOR US! The enemy has tried to keep His people from knowing it and accepting it because therein is the path to Him through THE WAY!
May we not follow the traditions of men, but rather MAY WE UPHOLD THE FATHER'S COMMANDS! LET US FOLLOW THE RULES OF HIS KINGDOM AND BE CITIZENS OF HIS KINGLY RULE! "Oh house of Jacob! Come, Let us walk in the LIGHT OF YHWH!" Yeshayahu (Isaiah) 2:5